One of the most important aspects of running a successful Minecraft server is attracting and keeping players. In order to do this, you need to make sure that your server is offering something unique that other servers don’t have. Here are some tips on how to get players on your Minecraft server:
1. Advertise your server. Make sure that potential players know that your server exists by advertising it on popular Minecraft forums and websites.
2. Offer something unique. As mentioned above, players are more likely to join and stay on a server that offers something different than other servers. This could be anything from custom game modes to unique minigames. Ask your players what they would like to see implemented onto the server, this is the best way to maintain your existing player base and also gain new players. Our Minecraft Knowledge Base has plenty of guides to help you install popular mods and plugins.
3. Keep your server updated. Players will quickly lose interest in a server that is not kept up to date with the latest Minecraft version.
4. Be active on social media. Promote your server on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
5. Make sure your server has a good reputation. Players are more likely to join a server that has a good reputation amongst the Minecraft community. You can build up your server’s reputation by ensuring that players have a positive experience when they play on your server.
By following these tips, you can increase the chances of getting players to join your Minecraft server. You also need to make sure you have chosen an appropriate Minecraft hosting provider, downtime and poor performance can lead to lower amounts of players joining and staying on your server. Take a look at our Minecraft Server Hosting today at Iceline Hosting and don’t let poor performance or uptime from growing your community.