What Is a Database?
A database is a place for your FiveM server to store it’s data in an organized way that it can read and use later on. You will need a database to store your player’s data, such as the items they have, their money, and more.
How to Create a Database
- Head to the Iceline Panel and click on your FiveM server hosting server.
- To the left of your server, go to the “Databases” tab.
- To the right of this page, put any name into the “Database” blank.
- Press “Create Database” towards the bottom. You don’t need to put anything into the “Connections” blank.
How to Connect Your Database to Your FiveM Server
- Head to the game panel and stop your FiveM server hosting.
- Make sure you have the latest version of mysql-async installed on your server.
- In your server’s server.cfg file, insert the following line:
set mysql_connection_string "server=localhost;uid=mysqluser;password=password;database=fivem"
- Change the details in the connection string to your database details, you can find them under the database tab.
Facing Any Issues?
If you are still having issues, please double-check the information you have entered into the server.cfg. If you mistyped or misformatted the details, it will not work correctly. If you are still having issues after this, feel free to contact Iceline Hosting’s support for further assistance.