What is FileZilla?
FileZilla is a free-to-use FTP utility that allows a user to transfer files from a local computer to a remote computer, is available as a client version and as a virtual private server version. Easy to use and a fast method to transfer your files from your own computer to your virtual private server!
How to Install FileZilla
- Go to the FileZilla website.
- Press download FileZilla client and then download it to your desktop.
- Open FileZilla after finish download, and then you should be ready to go.
How to Connect to Your Virtual Private Server With FileZilla
- Go to your game panel, your SFTP credentials can be found on the Settings tab.
- If you can’t see the option, scroll the menu bar to the right.
- Put the ‘server address’ on the ‘Host’ field
- Put the ‘username’ on the ‘Username’ field
- Use your game panel password as the password.
- Make sure you’re using your game panel password and not your billing area password. If you want to change your SFTP password, change your game panel password
- There’s no need to put the port as it should autofill (2022)
- Press the connect button and you will connect.
As an alternative, you could press the ‘Launch SFTP’ button which should be located down to your credentials
Facing Any Issues?
If you have installed the FileZilla client program correctly and logged in with the right details from the guide, you should succeed. Please ensure you have set the protocol to SFTP and not FTP. Also, ensure you are using your game panel password. If you still have problems with connecting to the SFTP server, please create a ticket.