What Is a Server Title?
When choosing a Minecraft Server to join, the first thing you will find is the server title. Many of these can be colorful and include both your username, the amount of players, some of the server game modes, and much more. This title on the server is called the MOTD, Message of the Day. This can be changed to have all the features that you have seen in other Minecraft Servers. In this tutorial, we will be explaining how you can set a MOTD.
It is recommended to use a third-party website such as mctools to set the MOTD. This will ensure you get the correct format for the text.
How to Set the MOTD
- Head to the Iceline Game Panel and stop your server.
- To the left of the panel, click on the File Management tab.
- Click on “server.properties”.
- Locate the “motd=” section, this is where you will be changing the title. To do this, we recommend using mctools. You can customize it how you would like and simply paste it into the MOTD section.
- Save the file then head back to the console and restart your server.
Facing Any Issues?
If you have set this in your server.properties and it is not working, make sure that you have used the correct format from mctools. Once you check that you have used the correct format, make sure the server was fully restarted as any change to the main config files require this. If you have checked all of these and are still having issues, feel free to contact Iceline Hosting’s support!