What is Paper?
Paper is a highly optimized fork of the Spigot server version. This server version aims to fix gameplay mechanics in Minecraft along with improving performance. One of the benefits to this version is that it fixes numerous features and bugs that are in Spigot. When trying to fully optimize your Minecraft Server, Paper is the recommended version. The PaperMC project has worked countless hours to ensure that your Minecraft server can run as smoothly as possible. Plugins from both Spigot and Bukkit will work with Paper as well. If you are looking to start a Minecraft server that has plugins, we recommend Paper above all other versions. In this tutorial, we will be showing you how to install Paper onto your server.
How to Install Paper
- Head to the Paper download website here.
- Find the version of Minecraft you want your server to run, then press the download icon to the left of the version.
- Head to your Iceline Game Panel and stop your server.
- To the left of the panel, click on “File Management”.
- Locate the file named “server.jar”, press the 3 dots to the right of it, then delete it.
- Click “upload” at the top of the page.
- Select the file you downloaded from Paper, then press “Open”.
- At the bottom of the game panel, you will see a progress bar. Wait for it to reach the end, then refresh your page.
- Press the 3 dots to the right of the file, then press rename. You will want to rename it to “server.jar”.
- Go back to the console and start your server.
Facing Any Issues?
The things you should check for if the server is still not working is that you have renamed the file correctly to server.jar. If you are sure you have, you may need to re-upload the file to ensure it was uploaded fully. If you check these and are still having issues, feel free to contact our support team!