What is Spigot?
Spigot is a modified Minecraft server version that is based on CraftBukkit. This provides extra optimizations and performance advancements. Spigot also includes new configuration options and features. With all of this, it is still compatible with all Bukkit plugins and has a full website of its own plugins you can add. If you plan on having plugins on your Minecraft Server, Spigot is just the way to do so as it is far better than Craftbukkit. In this guide, we will be explaining how you can install Spigot onto your Minecraft Server.
How to Install Spigot
- Head to the Spigot download website here.
- Find the version of Minecraft you want your server to run, then press the download button.
- Head to your Iceline Game Panel and stop your server.
- To the left of the panel, click on “File Management”.
- Locate the file named “server.jar”, press the 3 dots to the right of it, then delete it.
- Click “upload” at the top of the page.
- Select the file you downloaded from Spigot, then press “Open”.
- At the bottom of the game panel, you will see a progress bar. Wait for it to reach the end, then refresh your page.
- Press the 3 dots to the right of the file, then press rename. You will want to rename it to “server.jar”.
- Go back to the console and start your server.
Facing Any Issues?
The things you should check for if the server is still not working is that you have renamed the file correctly to server.jar. If you are sure you have, you may need to reupload the file to ensure it was uploaded fully. If you check these and are still having issues, feel free to contact our support team!