When creating a Modded Rust Server, you’ll be presented with thousands of unique plugins which you can implement onto your server. However, choosing the right plugins for your server is crucial as they will impact the players experience and gameplay.
In this blog, we’ll be discussing the Top 10 uMod Plugins we think are essential for a Modded Rust Server. From Gather Multipliers to Teleportation, we’ve got you covered!
If you’d like to know how to install uMod/Oxide, please follow this tutorial.
If you’d like to know how to install plugins for your server, please follow this tutorial.
Which Plugins Are Best for My Server?
Firstly, you have to decide which type of Modded Rust Server you want to create. Here are some examples:
- Roleplaying / PVE Server
- PVP Server
- Minigame Server
- Vanilla Server (but with small additions/changes)
Once you know what type of server you want to create, you can choose which plugins will be best! However, the majority of the plugins we recommend below can be used for nearly every type of Modded Rust Server.
Top 10 uMod Plugins
- Gather Manager – This plugin allows you to modify the amount of resources players gain from farming. We’ve rated this plugin our #1 as this plugin is widely used across hundreds of popular Rust Servers.
- Stack Size Controller – This plugin allows you to modify the stack size of every item within the game. This allows players to store more or less of an item. We’ve rated this plugin our #2 as this plugin is helpful in conjunction with other plugins like the one above.
- NTeleportation – This plugin allows admins and players to teleport between different locations. Players can set their “home” which allows them to teleport back to their base. We’ve rated this plugin our #3 because teleportation is important for modded servers with a large map.
- Quick Smelt – This plugin allows you to modify the speed of furnace smelting. You can also modify the amount of fuel which is required to smelt. We’ve rated this plugin our #4 as this plugin speeds up boring processes which players prefer to avoid.
- Furnace Splitter – This plugin allows players to split up ores into equal stacks with ease. Players don’t need to spend time manually splitting the ores. We’ve rated this plugin our #5 as it’s often used in conjunction with the Quick Smelt plugin we mentioned above.
- Rust Kits – This plugin allows you to create kits for players, donators, moderators, and admins. Kits can be claimed which contain numerous items which you specify. We’ve rated this plugin our #6 as it’s great for servers that required donations to run.
- Vanish – This plugin allows admins to “cloak” themselves and go invisible to players, NPCs, turrets, etc. This is a great tool for admins who wish to moderate their server discreetly. We’ve rated this our #7 as this plugin is crucial for server administration.
- Instant Craft – This plugin allows players to instantly craft items without waiting on a timer. You can set which items are whitelisted/blacklisted from being crafted instantly too. We’ve rated this plugin our #8 because it’s great for PVP servers.
- Zone Manager – This plugin allows players to create in-game zones which prevent unauthorised players from building, no decay, no gather, and more within a specific area. We’ve rated this plugin our #9 as it’s great for Roleplay servers to prevent players buildings from decaying.
- Better Chat – This plugin allows you to modify player name colours and prefixes. This can be used to change the colour of a name if a user is an admin, donator, or player. We’ve rated this plugin our #10 as it’s a great identification tool.
Keep an eye out for our next Rust Top 10 uMod Plugins blog, we’ll be recommending even more plugins!