Requirements for the Installation
- Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 or newer.
- The requirements have to be installed on the VPS.
How to Install a Fivem Server on Your VPS.
- On your VPS, create a new folder on disk C: and name it as you’d like.
- Download the latest recommended version from the windows server artifacts-list.
- Extract the build you downloaded into the folder you first created.
(Use WinRAR or 7-Zip)
- Select the folder you have created and right-click on it.
Then click on the “Git Bash Here” option.
- After the command-line has opened, paste the following command inside of it using
Shift + Ins.
git clone https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data.git server-data
- Inside the new folder that got created which is called “server-data”, create a new file and name it “server.cfg”.
- Copy the example server.cfg from Fivem’s server-documents.
And paste it inside of the server.cfg you have created.
- Generate a license key and Steam API key by following the guide below.
- Take the license key you have generated and paste it inside of your server.cfg like so:
- Take the Steam API key you have generated by and paste it inside of your server.cfg like so:
set steam_webApiKey “paste-your-steam-api-key-here”
- Create a .txt file inside of your server-data folder and paste the lines below inside of it (change according to your folder names).
C:\file-name\FXServer.exe +exec server.cfg
Then save the “.txt” file as a “.bat” file. (Name it however you like).
- Enable the FXServer.exe application through the firewall by following the guide below.
- Start your server by running the .bat file you have created.
How to Generate a Fivem License Key
- Head to keymaster.fivem.net and sign in with your FiveM account.
- Click on the button that says “New”.
Insert a name you would like into the “Label” input.
Insert 127.0.0.1 into the “Server IP address” input.
Pick “Home hosted” in the “Server type” input.
- Click on the “Generate” button and copy the key which is located to the right of the label you choose.
How to Generate a Steam API Key
- Head to https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey and sign in with your Steam account.
- Insert your VPS IP address the “Domain Name” input.
- Copy the key.
How to Enable a Fxserver.exe Through the Firewall
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” in windows searchbar and open the application.
- Click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” and choose “Allow another app…”
- Choose the FXServer.exe from your server folder.
- Check both “Private” and “Public” boxes on the app.
- Choose “OK” and close the window.
Still Heaving Issues?
If the server is not starting properly with all of the default resource started, make sure you have named your folders the same on both the folder name itself and in the “.bat” file. It’s the same for if you cannot start your server and it says “no license key was specified”, if the steps were done right and this error still occurs, make sure you have created and copied your license key correctly. If you are still having issues you can contact us via a ticket on our site. Open a ticket at https://billing.iceline-hosting.com/submitticket.php.