What Is a World Seed?
A world seed contains a numerical value that is used as the basis for generating a world seed. The seed is then read by a complex algorithm to determine where blocks, biomes, monsters, animals should be in a Minecraft World.
How to Change Your World Seed?
- First backup your old world and then delete it from the server. We need to make a new world so that the seed changes take effect and don’t cause any issues.
- Navigate to the root directory of your Minecraft Server.
- Open the server.properties file and then locate the level-seed variable.
- After the “=” sign, enter the seed value e.g 277366293.
- In order for the new seed to take effect, you will need to generate a new World.
- Done! You now have added a new world with the new seed attached!
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure that you have followed the tutorial step by step. If you are still facing issues after checking through your files and the steps, you can always create a support ticket and we will respond back within our business hours.
Start your own game server hosting today with Iceline Hosting.