How to Change Your Server Description, Header Image & Url
To change your server description for your Rust server hosting, header image, and URL please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Iceline Game Panel
- Click on “Manage server” this will bring you to the Rust server’s console.
- From there, go to the left-hand side and navigate to configuration > startup parameters
- Within the startup parameters, scroll down and you will see input boxes for each. (Description, Header image, and URL)
- In these boxes, you want to put in a URL for the header image, a string of characters for the description, and another URL for example a website or discord link for the server URL.
Below is an example of each box containing the correct input:
Why Change Your Rust Server Description, Header Image, & Url?
Many Rust server owners change their description, header image, and URL for multiple reasons. The first and most obvious reason is that they want to customize their Rust server hosting to make it feel more like their own. Giving your Rust server a description can make players more enticed to join your server instead of others. Adding a server image is also a great way to do this as well. Players are more likely to join a server with a custom image than one without. Last but not least, adding a server URL can help promote your discord server or your website. If you want to build a community, it is absolutely key to add this so players know where to find you outside of the Rust server.
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure that you have followed the tutorial step by step. If you are still facing issues after checking through the steps, you can always create a support ticket and we will respond back within our business hours.