How to Connect to Your Rust Server
When connecting to your Rust server there are a couple of options you can choose from:
Method A: Rust has an in-game console where you can input commands such as a command to connect to your Rust server hosting service. This is the easiest method and best method if you don’t wish to advertise your server on the public community list.
Method B: Rust offers an in-game list of public servers that are available to join. These server lists are great for showing off your server and having people connect after a quick browse. Public Rust servers added to the list will be organized in a few different ways, mainly Community or Modded servers. Community Rust servers are all servers with any game modifications such as Oxide, for server owners that use Oxide, your server would be listed under the Modded tab.
How to Identify Your Server Address (IP & Port)
- Navigate to https://game.iceline.host/ and go to your server console.
- On the left side menu, navigate to configuration > server info. There you will see the IP:Port copy that as we are going to need it to connect.
How to Connect to Your Rust Server Hosting Services (Direct IP)
- Open Rust to the Main Menu. Once here, you can press Function 1 (The F1 key) to open the game console. (Tip: Make sure that “CONSOLE” is selected in the top left of your screen.)
- Once here, you will need to type the command client.connect IP:Port. Your server’s IP will be different from this. When entering your IP please be sure to include the port.
- Done! You should now be connected to your Rust server!
Facing Any Issues?
If you’re having difficulties connecting to your server using this method, please double-check that you’re entering the correct IP address and that your server is online. Have you tried this, but you’re still facing issues? You can always make a support ticket at any time and we will respond within our business hours.