What Is Rcon?
RCON is a remote console and allows you to change your Rust server hosting variables without restarting. Please make sure to have a strong password to keep hackers out of your server.
How to Fix “Waiting for Rcon to Come up”:
- Navigate to the Iceline Game Panel
- Make sure you are logged in and click “Manage server”
- This will bring you to your server’s console. On the left-hand side navigate to configuration > startup parameters and scroll down until you see the box labelled “RCON Port”
- In this box type the port used for your server. To find this out you can scroll to the top and look at the startup command.
- Find the box labelled “RCON Password”, make sure it doesn’t contain any special characters, only numbers and letters
- After typing the port and password in click “update startup parameters” and reboot your server.
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure that the server’s port matches the RCON port. If you are still experiencing issues please reach out to our support team. We will respond asap within our business hours!