What is Craftbukkit?
Craftbukkit is a modification for Minecraft servers that allows the use of plugins. You may have seen servers in Minecraft that have unique features separate from Vanilla Minecraft. The reason they are able to have these is due to plugins. However, you are not able to have plugins on your MC server hosting server unless you have Craftbukkit or another fork such as Spigot or Paper. Craftbukkit also adds optimizations for Vanilla Minecraft including bug fixes, exploits, and more. If you plan on having a Minecraft server that uses plugins, this is one of the best ways to do it. In this guide, we will be explaining how you can install Craftbukkit onto your Minecraft server.
Start your Minecraft server hosting services at Iceline Hosting! today!
How to Install Craftbukkit
- Head to the Craftbukkit download website here
- Find the version of Minecraft you want your server to run, then press the download button.
- Head to your Iceline Hosting Game Panel and stop your Minecraft server.
- To the left of the panel, click on “File Management”.
- Locate the file named “server.jar”, press the 3 dots to the right of it, then delete it.
- Click “upload” at the top of the page.
- Select the file you downloaded from Craftbukkit, then press “Open”.
- At the bottom of the game panel, you will see a progress bar. Wait for it to reach the end, then refresh your page.
- Press the 3 dots to the right of the file, then press rename. You will want to rename it to “server.jar”.
- Go back to the console and start your MC server hosting server.
Facing Any Issues?
One of the most common issues when installing custom server versions is not naming the file correctly. Make sure you have named the file to “server.jar”. If you are sure you have, you may need to re-upload the file to ensure it was uploaded fully. If you check these and are still having issues, feel free to contact our support team at Iceline Hosting!