What is EasyAdmin?
If you’re unfamiliar with EasyAdmin, it’s a highly customizable administration tool that can be utilized on both FiveM and RedM servers. Features include; basic administration (kick, ban, mute, teleport, etc), the ability to screenshot from another player’s point of view, and a report/admin call system. These are just a few of the features that EasyAdmin offers, so if you want to know how to install this resource, be sure to give the following tutorial a read.
How to Install EasyAdmin
- Begin with heading over to the EasyAdmin GitHub page, select the drop-down and download the .ZIP file that’s shown in the image below.
- Navigate over to your ‘/resources’ directory (this can be located within the root directory of your server) and create a new directory called ‘EasyAdmin’. This can be done either through the Iceline game panel file manager or via an FTP application such as FileZilla. For guidance, see the image below.
- Once you’ve done that, drag and drop the contents of the EasyAdmin .zip we downloaded earlier into our newly created EasyAdmin directory. It will look similar, if not the same, to the image below.
- Now, navigate back to the root directory of your server (‘/container’), open your ‘server.cfg’ file and within the default resources section of your config file (usually within the first 15 lines) add either ‘start EasyAdmin’ or ‘ensure EasyAdmin’. Note that it’s important you type it out exactly as your directory is named, as it is case-sensitive.
We’re almost finished, however, there are just a few adjustments we need to make to our ‘server.cfg’ file to be able to utilize EasyAdmin.
- Head over to the EasyAdmin installation documentation here.
- Copy the template within the ‘Configuration’ section, and then navigate back to your ‘server.cfg’ file.
- Once copied, paste this into your ‘server.cfg’ file. You can remove the ‘ensure EasyAdmin’ part as we implemented this earlier.
Finally, all we have to do now is add ourselves as an admin.
- Simply copy the following syntax for adding yourself as an admin and paste it below the previous group of text we entered in our ‘server.cfg’ file previously. You can locate your Steam Hex ID by visiting the following website here.
add_principal identifier.steam:STEAMHEXID group.admin
That’s it! EasyAdmin is now installed. If you’d like a slightly easier and more efficient method of installing EasyAdmin, then you can visit the Iceline Game Panel’s one-click mod installer – but keep in mind that you will still need to follow steps 4 through 8 in order for the resource to work correctly!
Thanks for Reading!
We hope this guide was made useful to you if you were experiencing any issues, or just needed a general hand with the installation of EasyAdmin. If you’d like to find out how to install plugins and configure other areas of your FiveM server with Iceline Hosting, then be sure to check out the rest of our knowledge base guides!
If you haven’t created a FiveM™ server yet, but are interested in obtaining one, look no further than Iceline Hosting! If you’re still experiencing issues after following this guide, or have another question or concern, don’t hesitate to get into contact with our support team!