What are Minecraft Modpacks?
Do you love playing Minecraft with your friends? Are you looking for a way to take your game to the next level? If so, then you may be interested in installing modpacks to your Minecraft server! Modpacks are collections of mods that work together to create a unique gameplay experience. In this article, we will show you how to install modpacks manually using different launchers.
There are quite a few modpack launchers out there for installing Minecraft modpacks with the most popular ones being, CurseForge, ATLauncher., and Technic. Finally, we will also walk you through the steps of connecting to your Iceline Hosting server via FTP (file transfer protocol applications such as FileZilla or WinSCP) to import the necessary Minecraft modpack server files.
When purchasing your own Minecraft server with us, it’s first important to check the minimum requirements for your modpack. Not only on the server-side but also locally as you wouldn’t want to be installing a modpack you’re unable to run optimally. As a general baseline, most Minecraft modpacks will require at least a minimum of 6-8GB of RAM with some required, even more, depending on the amount of content/number of mods. Looking to start your own Minecraft server? Iceline Hosting offers the best Minecraft server hosting, at an affordable price. Start your adventure today! Anyway, let’s get started on this guide!
How to Install Minecraft Modpacks to Your Server Manually
As mentioned previously, there are many modpack launchers available for Minecraft (CurseForge, ATLauncher, Technic, etc). We’ll start with covering CurseForge, as it’s one of, if not the most popular Minecraft modpack launcher out there. Firstly, we will cover how to extract and download the necessary server pack/files.
- Start by navigating to the official CurseForge website, and locate the modpack that you wish to install.
- Once you’ve found your Minecraft modpack of choice, head over to the ‘Files’ tab, similar to the image below. This is where we’ll be downloading the server pack.
- Once you’re on the ‘Files’ tab, scroll down until you locate the ‘Additional Files’ section and download the server pack. Most will be labelled with something along the lines of ‘Server pack’ or ‘Server files’.
- Select the ‘Download’ button located to the right of the server pack, and extract it into a directory relatively easy to locate such as your desktop.
The steps for downloading ATLauncher modpack server files are slightly different to CurseForge, however, you should still be able to do this with ease if you follow the below steps correctly.
- Start by visiting the official ATLauncher website, and then download the actual launcher itself.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the ATLauncher, ensure that you connect your Minecraft account through the ‘Accounts’ tab located at the right-hand side of your screen.
- After this, simply click on the ‘Packs’ tab and find your modpack of choice. There will be an option listed below your Minecraft labelled ‘Create Server’. Select that, and proceed with the prompted steps.
- Lastly, select the ‘Servers’ tab on the right-hand side of the launcher and press the ‘Open folder’ option. This will open up an explorer Windows showing you the necesary server pack/files for your modpack.
Technic’s modpacks are similar to CurseForge in the way that you retrieve server packs/files.
- Begin with heading over to the official Technic website, and select the large ‘Browse modpacks’ button located on the homepage.
- Similar to before, once you’ve found your modpack of choice or one that tickles-your-fancy, on the right-hand side there will be a ‘Server Download’ button that you will want to select.
- Once you’ve selected the ‘Server Download’ button, extract this modpack somewhere safe and easy to locate such as your computer’s desktop.
In the next part of this guide, we’ll be going over the basic preparation/installation of your modpack. Most modpacks follow the same installation, however, if you’re having any issues either see the official documentation for your modpack or contact the Iceline Hosting support team who will be more than happy to assist you!