What is a Plugin?
A plugin is a jar file that goes into your Minecraft Server in order to change certain aspects of the game. You will see this many times when you are accessing an MC server hosting server. Even simple abilities like /home, /spawn, //wand, and more are the works of plugins. If you want to have ranks on your Minecraft server, an economy, a shop, or other features, you will need plugins. You can only have plugins if your MC server hosting server is running either Bukkit, Spigot, or Paper. If you want to modify your server past Vanilla Minecraft, these are the way to do it. In this guide, we are going to be breaking down how you can add plugins to your Minecraft server.
How to Install Plugins With Our One-Click Installer
- Go to the Iceline Hosting Game Panel.
- To the left of the panel, locate “Plugins”. Go ahead and click that.
- In the top right, you can search plugins. If you want to see a list, just click the search button and it will show all the plugins available.
- Once you find a plugin you want, simply click on the download button.
- Press “Console” to the left of the game panel and then press restart on your MC server hosting server.
- You can check if the plugin was installed correctly by typing “pl” into the console.
How to Manually Install Plugins
- You will need to download the plugin from a trusted site like Spigot or Bukkit.
- Once you decide on the plugins to download, make sure you download them into a folder on your PC where you can remember them for later use.
- Go to the Iceline Game Panel and stop your server.
- To the left of the panel, click on “File Management”.
- Open the “plugins” folder then press “Upload” to the top of the panel.
- Select the plugin you previously downloaded and then press “Open”.
- Once you do this, you will see a bar at the bottom of the game panel. Wait for this to reach the end, then you can go back to the console tab and start the Minecraft server.
- You can check the plugin installation by typing “pl” into the server console.
Facing Any Issues?
If you have installed a plugin and it is not loaded into your Minecraft server hosting, make sure that your server is running either Spigot, Paper, or Bukkit. Also, be sure to check that the plugin version you downloaded is for the same version of Minecraft that your server is running. The last thing to check is that there are no dependency plugins. After you check these, if you are still having issues, feel free to contact our support team at Iceline Hosting.