RLCraft is a modpack for Minecraft featuring over 180 mods to provide a difficult survival RPG adventure by adding multiple structures and dungeons to explore, enemies with special capabilities, quests for you to follow, adjustments to vanilla behavior such as the need to use a tool for anything (even for breaking trees), to even adding new need bars for temperature and water, and skills to train with your actions.
RLCraft mechanics can be hard to learn and adapt to at first for newcomers due to the new concepts like heat and thirst and certain mob behaviors, and you can feel at a loss if you don't have a guide at hand, but once you familiarize with the new additions this difficulty will be part of the charm of this modpack and any achievement will feel very rewarding, furthermore, RLCraft also comes with relics and skills to help you.
Originally released in 2018, this modpack has been updated since then and is a good choice for players who like challenges to use on their servers. RLCraft as mentioned before is quite difficult on its own but if you can cooperate with your friends you will soon succeed and prosper in RLCraft's world.
Are you interested? Let's see some of the featured mods from RLCraft:
- Fan of Diablo and Dungeon Crawlers? Add more difficulty to the game by transforming mobs to an elite variant with custom affixes, rank and stats thanks to Champions
- Experience the Bloodmoon from Terraria in your playthrough with increased mob spawn, and try to survive the night!
- Art Thou fond of medieval times and Wouldst like some furniture for Thy cottage? Thou can use Rustic and live the medieval life Thou always wanted!
- Fear the powerful dragons roaming your world from Ice and Fire or prove your courage by fighting one and living to tell the tale, collect information for your bestiary and create dragon equipment. Perhaps you're good enough to even tame your own dragon?
- Protect your chests and blocks and pick locks with Locks
- Keep all your important tools available with you at any moment with a Tool Belt and use a Grappling Hook to get around the map more easily
Also, why not purchase RLCraft Server Hosting? With our one-click Modpack installer, starting your own RLCraft Minecraft Server has never been this easy!
This is a large modpack for Minecraft 1.12.2 and its requirements are lower than modpacks made for newer Minecraft versions, you will require at least 4 GB of RAM on your server. You can start with our MC-2 plan and upgrade later if required.
- Head to the official curseforge page by clicking here.
- Scroll down until you see the server packs on the right side menu, which in this example is named "Minecraft 1.12 Server Packs".
- Click on the latest available release (RLCraft Server Pack 1.12.2 - Release v2.9.3), this will bring you to the file menu, then click on "Download".
- Wait for the download to finish, then locate the file on your computer and extract it to a new folder.
Installing Forge on your Server
RLCraft needs Forge 184.108.40.20660 for Minecraft 1.12.2 to work, so we'll go to the official Forge page to download it.
- Head to the 1.12.2 Minecraft Forge page.
- Here you will see two options which are 'Latest' and 'Recommended', for this tutorial and to avoid possible incompatibilities, we'll choose 'Latest' to stick to the exact version needed (220.127.116.1160), click on 'Installer' to download it
I got redirected to a different website after clicking on "Installer"!
This is likely the adfocus advertisement, just wait 5 seconds and skip the advertisement and the download will begin
NOTE: Be really careful where you click on the adfocus advertisement, there have been reports of malware disguised as the Forge version you're trying to download, check that the file is a .jar, if you get a .zip or .rar file DON'T extract it and DON'T open the .exe file.
If you're failing to get the real Forge file you can click on 'Show All Versions' and hover your cursor over the installer button and click on 'Direct Download'. This should actually download the file you need
- Open the Forge 1.12.2 installer previously downloaded and select the 'Install Server' option
- Change the folder to the same folder where you extracted the RLCraft files and click on 'OK'
- Wait for the download to complete
You should now have all the required files and can proceed with the next step
RLCraft requires a few changes to the server.properties file to work properly, these should be already set by default but if that's not the case just make sure these variables match the required values.
Importing the files to the server
You will now need to upload all the folder content to your server, for this, you can use the SFTP details (located on the Settings tab of the game panel) with a program like Filezilla, here's a guide on how to connect to your server through SFTP.
- Open Filezilla (or any other SFTP program) and access your server files using your SFTP Details.
(We suggest deleting all files on the server before proceeding to avoid conflict within files, make a backup first if you don't wish to permanently lose any files).
- Locate the folder where you previously extracted the files and upload the folder content to your server, you can drag and drop the files into the server.
- All files will start being uploaded to the server, wait for this process to complete.
- Once all files have been uploaded, head to your game panel.
- Access your server console and head to the Startup tab
- Change your SERVER JAR FILE variable to "forge-1.12.2-18.104.22.16860.jar"
- Change the Docker Image to Java 8
That's it! You can now start your server, the first boot-up should only take a few minutes, and you will be able to join after it fully loads.
Now that your server is up and running, any player wishing to join will first need to download the modpack on their end through the curseforge app.
- Open the curseforge app, if you don't have it you can download it here.
- In the search bar, type RLCraft and press the Enter key, choose the version previously mentioned.
- Alternatively, you can find this modpack on the recommended list.
- Click on Install and wait for the download to finish.
- Head to your Modpacks, you will now see a new profile named 'RLCraft', hover your mouse over this new profile and click on 'Play'.
That's it! You can start your RLCraft journey with your friends now!
Facing any issues? These modpacks are constantly updated, so make sure both the server and client version match or you won't be able to join the server. Feel free to contact us through a ticket if you have any questions!