What is Save Announcer?
Save Announcer is a simple plugin used to make an announcement to all players in your chat when your Rust server is saving. It’s a good idea to run this plugin if your Rust server hosting server has a large number of entities, as saving the world can cause a split second of lag — and it’s reassuring for players to know what the cause is.
How to Install Save Announcer to Your Rust Server
- To begin, start by downloading the ‘Save Announcer’ plugin by navigating to the Iceline panel, select the ‘plugins’ tab, and click install on ‘Save Announcer’. You can now skip to step four. Alternatively, you can install the plugin manually from here and follow the steps below.
- Connect to your SFTP via FileZilla (We have a guide on how to do this here).
- Upload the ‘SaveAnnouncer.cs’ file to your
- You can now restart your Rust server hosting server.
- Save Announcer is now installed and you’re good to go!
This plugin doesn’t really require any configuration out of the box, however, if you’d like, you can customize more features such as enabling a GUI popup message as opposed to a chat message. If you’d like to make any additional changes to the config, more information can be found on the official uMod page for Save Announcer here.
Facing any issues?
The format is very important when editing .json configuration files, so the use of a JSON editor or validation site will help with any formatting issues you might be having. Also, check your Rust server console for any errors! If you’re still having problems, feel free to contact our support team at Iceline Hosting.
Ready to get started in Rust? Purchase Rust server hosting from Iceline Hosting by clicking this link: Start your Rust hosting!