Here at Iceline Hosting, our game panel offers the ability to create your own scheduled tasks. You might be wondering, why would I want to set up scheduled tasks on my server? Well, take a modded Minecraft server for example – over time as more chunks are generated/loaded and more of the world is explored your server’s resource usage will eventually increase. Setting up scheduled tasks such as a restart every 24 hours will ensure that your server remains performing in optimal condition.
Our schedules support the ability to send power actions, database backups, server backups and custom commands. If you’re interested to learn how to set this up for your server, then look no further than this guide.
How to Create Scheduled Tasks
To set up scheduled server tasks first ensure that you are logged into your Iceline Game Panel account, and navigate to the panel.
- Once you’re at the Iceline Game Panel, and you’ve selected your server find the ‘Schedules’ tab.
- If this is your first time creating a schedule, select the ‘Create Schedule’ button highlighted in blue.
- You will then be presented with the ‘Edit Schedule’ tab which allows you name, set the frequency, or specify a custom time expression for your schedule.
- You’ll then want to go back and select the ‘New Task’ button within the schedule you just created on the Iceline Game Panel. You can add as many tasks as you’d like to your schedule.
From here, you can select the ‘Action’ drop-down box and choose the type of scheduled task that you’d like to perform. As mentioned previously, the Iceline Hosting Game Panel currently supports the ability for custom commands (e.g say commands), power actions (start, stop, shutdown), and the ability to create server/database backups.
If you’re unsure of what we’re referring to by ‘say commands’ see the following example below which is typically used as a restart schedule for FXServer servers. This schedule will notify players within the in-game chat that the server will restart in 5 minutes. The command ‘say’ may vary depending on the game you’re playing, so it’s worth checking what the chat commands are beforehand.
5. That pretty much covers how to create schedules on your Iceline Hosting server!
When setting up a backup schedule, make sure that you’re leaving enough space allocated which you can preview within the ‘Backups’ tab of the Iceline Hosting Game Panel.
Facing any issues?
If you’ve noticed that your schedule is failing, this is usually due to the command you’ve entered is incorrect. If you’d like any help setting up schedules, or you’re experiencing any other issues, please don’t hesitate to contact the fantastic Iceline Hosting Support Team who will be more than happy to assist you.