What Is a Database?
A database is a place for your FiveM™ server to store it’s data in an organized way that it can read and use later on. You will need a database to store your player’s data, such as the items they have, their money, and more.
How to Create a Database
- Head to the Iceline Panel and click on your server hosting for FiveM™.
- To the right of your console tab, go to the “Databases” tab. (You may have to use the scroll bar on the top to see it)
- To the right of this page, you will see a ‘create database’ button click on this button and put any name into the “Database Name” blank.
- Press “Create Database” towards the bottom.
How to Connect Your Database to Your FiveM™ Server
- Head to the game panel and stop your server hosting for FiveM™.
- Make sure you have the latest version of mysql-async installed on your server.
- In your server’s server.cfg file, insert the following line:
set mysql_connection_string "server=localhost;uid=mysqluser;password=password;database=fx"
- Change the details in the connection string to your database details, you can find them under the database tab.
- As a side note, you can also find these details written out in this format for you by clicking on the ‘eye’ icon under the ‘databases’ tab. Make sure to copy the ‘FiveM Connection String’.
Facing Any Issues?
If you are still having issues, please double-check the information you have entered into the server.cfg. If you mistyped or misformatted the details, it will not work correctly. If you are still having issues after this, feel free to contact Iceline Hosting’s support for further assistance.