You will need to update your Rust server once in a while when Facepunch adds more content or has mandatory updates on either their client side or server side. This tutorial shows you how to go about updating your Rust server hosting server to the latest version.
Backing up your server
Backing up your Rust server hosting server is always good practice when you have to update. This is because something could go wrong and having a backup enables you to restore and attempt the server update again. You can delete the backup if everything goes to plan or you can keep it for a preset amount of time.
- Under backups in your main menu click on the CREATE BACKUP button.
- Give your backup a name and click START BACKUP.
- The backup process can take some time. Wait for it to complete before proceeding to the next step.
Updating your Rust Server
- Navigate to Settings on your top menu and click on the UPDATE SERVER button.
- To continue with the Rust server update, you will have to type the word “update” in the text box, then click the UPDATE SERVER button.
- You will then be presented with a “Your server is installing.” screen as shown.
- Once installation is complete you will automatically be redirected to the settings page.
- You can now re-install uMod and any other plugins on your new server that you had previously. You might have to uninstall then re-install the uMod mod.
This concludes the backup and update tutorial for Rust server hosting servers at Iceline Hosting.
When re-installing plugins, the configuration of the plugins is NOT lost.
If you are looking to get started in Rust, you can purchase Rust server hosting from Iceline Hosting by clicking this link: Start your Rust hosting
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure that you have followed the tutorial step by step. If you are still facing issues after checking through the steps, you can always create a support ticket and we will respond back within our business hours.