How to Upload a Custom Map to Your Rust Server
When using Rust server hosting services, you can create or use community-made custom maps on your Rust server. There are many different maps that you can download and try out on your server! We recommend trying out custom maps as it may add a customizable Rust server experience!
Uploading a Custom Map to Your Rust Server:
- Find the custom map that you want to use and make sure that the file type is a .map file.
- Upload the .map file that you found on a file-sharing site such as Dropbox.
- Once you have uploaded the .map file to Dropbox you can then copy the link to the file. It should look something like this: “https://www.dropbox.com/s/randomcharacters/filename.map?dl=0”. Make sure you change the 0 to a 1.
- Navigate to your server’s control panel and go to the startup parameters.
- In the additional arguments section, add +levelurl then in quotes, the link of the map you want. It should look like this: +levelurl “https://www.dropbox.com/s/randomcharacters/filename.map?dl=1” **see image for an example*.
- For some maps, it requires you to leave out the server.worldsize, server.seed, and server.level parameters.
- Reboot the Rust server hosting and your new map should download from the link you provided!
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure that you have followed the tutorial step by step. If you are still facing issues after checking through the steps, you can always create a support ticket and we will respond back within our business hours.