Why Change to a Custom Game Mode?
In Garry’s Mod, one of the best parts of hosting your own GMod server is the ability to use custom game modes. These GMod game modes allow for fun gameplay! You may want to add a game mode you have created yourself or one that you have found online. In the guide, we will be teaching you how to install a custom GMod game mode onto your GMod server.
How to Add Custom Gamemode to Your GMod Server
- Open an FTP client such as FileZilla.
- Login to your FTP server. You can find the FTP details in configuration > SFTP Settings on the game panel.
- Navigate and find your servers “Garry’s Mod” folder.
- You will need to create a folder named “gamemodes”.
- Drag and drop your custom gamemode files into the “gamemodes” folder.
How to Change Custom Gamemode on Your GMod Server
- Log in to your control panel
- To the left of the panel, navigate to “Configuration” > “Startup Parameters”
- Change the current gamemode to the name of your custom gamemode.
- Save and restart your server.
Facing Any Issues?
If you have followed this guide and are noticing that the game mode is not working correctly, make sure to contact the game-mode developer with the error you are getting. If you have tried this and are still having issues, feel free to contact Iceline Hosting’s support and we will be glad to help you out!