The Advert Messages plugin allows you to display messages to your players in a configurable interval, EG. Rules/Links/Donations ETC.
To install it, follow the below instructions:
- Navigate to the plugins menu and click on the AdvertMessages INSTALL PLUGIN button.
- Once installed go to your Rust Console page and start your server or restart it if it is currently running.
- First check that oxide is running by typing oxide.version into the console and pressing enter. You should get an oxide version number. E.G. Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.####.
If not, you need to uninstall the uMod Mod and reinstall it.
- If your Rust server is offline you will need to start and stop it in order to create the required .json file.
Editing the AdvertMessages settings & options.
- Locate and open the AdvertMessages.json file using the file manager.
2. Navigate to the below folder to find the file that you need to edit.
Changing the AdvertMessages.json file
The above standard AdvertMessages.json file will display the messages “Welcome to our server, have fun!” in 10 mins, then the next message in another 10 minutes… You can change the messages as well as the interval between messages just by changing the above file contents, then restarting your Rust server hosting server.
For the full options and configs for the plugin, visit the plugin page located at: https://umod.org/plugins/advert-messages/
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure that you have followed the tutorial step by step. If you are still facing issues after checking through the steps, you can always create a support ticket and we will respond back within our business hours.
Start your Rust server hosting services at Iceline Hosting today!