Arkan is an umod plugin that will help you in the task of moderating your Rust server against the use of ‘Aimbot’ and ‘No Recoil’ by providing an analysis of player shots, taking into consideration a wide range of factors such as the angle and the distance to determine which one of them may be potentially made by a cheater.
Under its features lies the possibility to link it to a discord webhook, which will allow you to get notified on a discord chat about possible violations.
While this plugin does provide a fair and precise report, there may be some exceptions, so it is recommended to only proceed with a sanction when you’re totally sure that a certain player is cheating.
Installation (Mod Manager)
- From your Iceline Game Panel, go to the plugins tab.
- Using the search bar, search for the “Arkan” plugin and press the “Install Plugin” button.
- Restart your server.
- Download the plugin directly from the page
- Go to your server game panel>Files manager.
- Go to the oxide folder>plugins and drop the file there.
- Alternatively, you can use SFTP to upload the file, your SFTP details can be found on the Settings tab of your game panel.
- Restart your server.
The configuration file is located inside the oxide config folder. There you can modify weapons and hit body parts, or set the plugin to only check:
- Players added to a blacklist by the admin.
- All players (option set by default), except those added to a whitelist.
You can also change the parameters inside ‘Discord Settings’ to connect it to a discord server, but you will require the ‘Discord Messages’ plugin.
- /arkan – shows a list of all violations.
- /arkan info – will show you information about the commands.
- /arkannr, /arkanaim, /arkanair will show the No Recoil, Aimbot, and In Rock violations of that player (in that order respectively). Each of them can receive a Steam ID/name and the number of the violation. For example:
/arkanaim John 1 -> Will show the specific violation under the 1 ID of the user John
- /arkansave and /arkanload will let you save/load all violations to a datafile, while /arkanclear will (as the name implies) clear all violation data
Make sure to assign the arkan.allowed permission to a group so it has ALL the permissions, specific permissions can be found in the plugin’s original page.
That’s it! you can find more detailed instructions on the plugin’s original page
Facing any issue?
If you are looking to get started in Rust, you can purchase Rust server hosting from Iceline Hosting by clicking this link: Start your Rust Server Hosting Now!