What is Pixelmon?
No matter your age, at some point or another you will have heard of Pokemon. Pixelmon brings all of those fond memories you have of the franchise into one action-packed mod pack for you to enjoy within Minecraft. So, if you love both of those things, this might just be the perfect mod pack for you.
Be sure to create a Minecraft server with Iceline Hosting and have access to a ton of great mod packs.
How to Install Pixelmon Via the Mod Manager
- Login to the Iceline game panel, and stop your server.
- Navigate to the ‘mods’ tab of the panel and locate Pixelmon.
- Select ‘install’ and the installation of the mod will begin. Keep in mind it’s important to back up any files you wish to keep otherwise they may be deleted in the process of performing this installation!
- Restart your server, and you’re good to go!
The next part of the guide covers the installation of Pixelmon to your computer, which is required in order to play the mod pack. Additionally, we also recommend you create a new world to prevent any issues being caused by a previous save.
How to Install Pixelmon to Your Computer with CurseForge
- Head over to the CurseForge website, and download the official desktop client.
- Once installed, open the application, select Minecraft, and then ‘Browse Modpacks’.
- From here, you’ll see a large number of mod packs listed. You can either search for ‘Pixelmon’ or locate it within the list.
- Select the mod, click ‘Install’, and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once this process is finished, simply hit the ‘play’ button on Pixelmon and you’ll now be able to enjoy this mod pack!
How to Install Pixelmon Manually
The following method isn’t really necessary if you’re using our game servers as it’s a lot easier to install via the one-click mod manager, however, for those of you running a VPS, this will be your go-to method.
- Install Forge 1.12.2 for your server. If you’re unsure of how to do this, we have a guide explaining how to do so.
- Once you’ve got the correct version of Forge installed, navigate to the following CurseForge page for Pixelmon.
- Select the ‘Download’ button at the top right of that section.
- Just as you did when installing Forge, reconnect to your server via SFTP. If you’re still unsure of how to do this, please see our knowledge base guide.
- Navigate to the ‘Mods’ folder. Previously created by Forge.
- Upload the Pixelmon.jar file you just downloaded to this directory.
- Lastly, restart your server and you’re good to go. As mentioned previously, it’s always a good idea to delete the previous world and generate a new one to prevent any errors from occurring within your save.
Now that your server has got Pixelmon installed, as with most servers it’s always a great idea to decide whether you’ll need to configure a whitelist or not. If you’re playing with a few friends, this is more than likely the best idea as it’ll prevent any unauthorized players from connecting and ruining anything within your world. We hope you found this guide useful and enjoy the world of Pixelmon!
Facing any issues?
If you’re having any issues at all with your server that you’re unsure of how to resolve, please don’t hesitate to contact our fantastic support team who are always ready to aid you with any issues you may encounter. Start your Minecraft server with Iceline Hosting today!