Why Create a Steam Workshop Collection for Garry’s Mod?
A Steam workshop collection is the fastest and most efficient method to install addons to your GMod server. There are many addons from a range of developers on the Steam workshop. When you have found the addon you want, you can just add it to the collection and restart your GMod server.
How to Create a Steam Workshop Collection
- Open your steam client.
- Find your Garry’s Mod, and click on “Workshop”
- Click on “Browse” > “Collections”
- Create a collection
- Select the category “ServerContent”
- Save the collection
- On the next page, you can subscribe to the “Addons” you want on your server
- Once you have added all your favorites ones, click “Save and Continue”
- Click on Publish, and select your collection to be “Public”
How to Add Your Workshop Collection to Your GMod Server
- Login to your Control panel
- Go to “Configuration” > “Startup Parameters”
- Head to “Workshop ID”.
- Go back to your workshop, copy the link
- Copy the link into a document, and copy all the numbers after =
- Past all the numbers into your “Workshop ID” and restart the server
Facing Any Issues?
Make sure you have followed this guide properly and checked your console for errors.
When an issue occurs, check the console for an error message, and try googling it first… It’s likely that other people may have come across the same issue! If you are still unsure of how to fix the reoccurring errors, feel free to contact our support team!
Learn more about GMod server hosting services at Iceline Hosting.