What is MC Eternal?
There’s a lot to explore in MC Eternal and there are plenty of unexpected turns to keep you interested. MC Eternal employs standard crafting techniques. Whilst these can be difficult to keep up with when playing some mod packs, the aim of MC Eternal is to feel somewhat led but also free to do whatever you want. The questing system, as well as the gold earned by completing missions, adds to the game’s depth and, in general, provides you with more to do!
It’s important to keep in mind that due to the number of mods within MC Eternal, it’s recommended your server has no less than 6GB of RAM.
If you want to start your own Minecraft server, we can help! Iceline Hosting offers Minecraft hosting services!
How to Install MC Eternal Via the Mod Manager
- Login to the Iceline game panel and stop your server.
- Navigate to the ‘mods’ tab of the panel and locate MC Eternal within our available list of mods.
- Select ‘install’ to begin with the installation of this mod pack. Keep in mind it’s important to back up any files you wish to keep otherwise they may be deleted in the process of performing this installation!
- Restart your server and MC Eternal is now installed.
Now that you’ve got MC Eternal installed on to your server, it’s important that you next download the mod pack to your local machine. The easiest and fastest method is through the use of the CurseForge desktop client as explained below.
How to Install MC Eternal to Your Computer with CurseForge
- Head over to the CurseForge website and download the official desktop client.
- Once installed, open the application, select Minecraft, and then ‘Browse Modpacks’.
- You’ll find a plethora of mod packs listed here. You can either type ‘MC Eternal’ into the search bar, or look for it within the list.
- Select the mod, click ‘Install’, and wait for the installation process to finish.
- Once this process is complete, simply press the ‘play’ button on MC Eternal to begin enjoying this mod pack!
How to Install MC Eternal Manually
- Navigate to the CurseForge website for SkyFactory 4 and look for the ‘Additional Files’ area, as shown below.
- To the right of the MC Eternal server pack, click the ‘Download’ button.
- After downloading, make a folder on your own PC and name it whatever you want. In this case, we’ll call it ‘MC Eternal.’ To this folder, extract the contents of the server files you just downloaded. Your folder should resemble, if not look exactly alike, the image below.
- Select the highlighted Forge.jar file and rename it to ‘server.jar’. It’s important that you don’t rename your server to ‘server.jar.jar’ as your server will not execute properly.
- From here, you’ll need to use SFTP to connect to your server. If you are unsure of how to proceed with this, please refer to this knowledge base guide for instructions.
- Select all of the files in the MC Eternal folder that we generated previously. Drag and drop this complete directory to your server using your FTP client, as seen below.
- Finally, restart your server, making sure to erase any existing world files.
Now that you’ve got your server set up and ready to go, if you’re just playing with a few friends, we strongly advise you to set up a whitelist to prevent unwanted players from joining. Or, if you intend to make it a more public type of server, you may want to op yourself to be able to delete any bothersome players.
Facing any issues?
If you are having any problems with your server that you are unclear on how to resolve, please do not hesitate to contact our amazing support team, who are always ready to assist you with any problems you may be experiencing. Start your Minecraft server through Iceline Hosting today!