What is SkyFactory 4?
SkyFactory 4 is a mod pack created for Minecraft version 1.12.2. It includes well over 200 mods and will definitely keep you and your friends occupied for some time! SkyFactory 4 offers the ability for full automation, tech, magic, and many more activities with over 30 different world types. This mod might seem similar to Skyblock at first glance, but once you’ve given it a go for yourself, you’ll soon come to realize it’s completely unalike with the many unique and challenging tasks you will come to face!
Enjoy the mods that SkyFactory 4 provides and start your own Minecraft server with Iceline Hosting!
How to Install SkyFactory 4 Via the Mod Manager
- Navigate to the Iceline game panel and stop your server.
- Select the ‘Mods’ tab of the panel and locate SkyFactory 4 within our list of available mods.
- Simply click ‘Install’ to proceed with the installation of this mod. Keep in mind you must backup any files you wish to keep otherwise they may be deleted in the process of performing this installation!
- If you had a world folder created before the process of installing SkyFactory 4, you will need to remove this in order for a new modified world to be generated.
- Restart your server.
Once you’ve successfully installed SkyFactory 4 to your server, you will now need to proceed with installing the mod to your local machine. The reason for this is because if we were to just connect to the server now, the custom world will load but it will appear as if you’re playing a vanilla version of Minecraft as we don’t have any mods installed on the client-side.
How to Install SkyFactory 4 to Your Computer With CurseForge
- Navigate over to the CurseForge website, and download the official desktop client.
- Once you’ve installed this, open the application, select Minecraft and then ‘Browse Modpacks’.
- From here, you can either search for ‘SkyFactory 4’ or locate it within this section by scrolling through the list of mod packs.
- Select the mod, click ‘Install’, and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once this process is finished, simply hit the ‘Play’ button on SkyFactory 4 and you’re now good to go!
How to Install SkyFactory 4 Manually
- To begin, we first recommend you follow the steps of installing the required CurseForge desktop client to your local machine as mentioned above.
- Head over to the following CurseForge page for SkyFactory 4 and locate the ‘Additional Files’ section like pictured below.
- Select the ‘Download’ button to the right of the SkyFactory 4 server files.
- Once downloaded, create a folder on your local machine and name it anything you wish. In this example, we’ll be naming it ‘SkyFactory 4’. Extract the contents of the server files you just downloaded to this folder. Your folder should look the same as, if not similar to the image below.
- Next, run the file ‘Install.bat’. This will download a specific version of Forge required for your server to run SkyFactory 4.
- Like in the image above, you will notice this creates a Forge.jar file, a folder named ‘libraries’, and a few other files. Select and rename the highlighted Forge.jar file to ‘server.jar’. Ensure your file is not named ‘server.jar.jar’ otherwise your server will not run correctly.
- From here, you will now need to connect to your server via SFTP. If you are unsure of how to do this, please use this guide that instructs you on how to do so.
- Select all of the files located inside your SkyFactory 4 folder we created earlier. Drag and drop this entire directory over to your server through your FTP client as pictured below.
9. Finally, restart your server ensuring to remove any previous world files so the custom SkyFactory 4 world can be generated.
Now that you’ve got your server setup and ready to play, if you’re planning on playing with just a few friends we’d highly recommend you set up a whitelist to prevent any unauthorized players from joining. Or if you’re planning on making it a more public kind of server, maybe you’ll want to op yourself to have the ability to remove any troublesome players.
Facing any issues?
If you come across any errors that you’re unsure of how to resolve or need some help in general, don’t hesitate to contact our support team who are more than happy to aid you with any issues you may be facing! Don’t forget to create your own Minecraft server through Iceline Hosting today!