What is Vanish?
Vanish is a plugin for Rust that allows you to become completely invisible to other players on your own server or Rust server hosting server. It’s a great tool for spectating players if you have any doubts about them playing the game legitimately. To install Vanish on your Rust server, you’ll need to ensure that you have Oxide installed. You can view Iceline Hosting’s tutorial on how to install Oxide here.
How to Install Vanish to Your Rust Server
- To begin, start by downloading the ‘Vanish’ plugin by navigating to your game panel, select the ‘plugins’ tab, and click install on ‘Vanish’. You can now skip to step four. Alternatively, you can install the plugin manually from here and follow the steps below.
- Connect to your SFTP via FileZilla (We have a guide on how to do this here).
- Upload the ‘Vanish.cs’ file to your /oxide/plugins folder.
- You can now restart your Rust server hosting server.
- To be able to use the command “/vanish”, you’ll need to make use of Oxide’s permission system.
To assign a permission through Oxide, use the following syntax:
- oxide.grant <user or group> <name or steam id> <permission>
You can find all permissions listed on the official uMod page for Vanish here.
Facing any issues?
If you’ve loaded into your Rust server and you’re unable to enter the command above, ensure that you have assigned yourself the correct permissions and also set yourself as an admin by viewing the following guide. Also, check your server console for any errors! If you’re still having problems? Feel free to contact our support team. And don’t forget to start your Rust server hosting services at Iceline Hosting today!